Resuming the Women's 4x400 prelims

Friday, June 10, 2011

Heat 3- A great race with Texas A&M winning. A&M lead off with a 52.9 from Andrea Southerland, she handed off with a slight lead over Florida, Auburn, and North Carolina. Then on the second leg A&M and Florida handed off in first and second with a fast closing NC and Auburn. Over the third leg Auburn took the lead from Florida and handed off first with Florida second, A&M third and NC fourth. Once A&M's Jessica Beard got the baton she ran down the leaders and on the home stretch pulled away to lead A&M to a time of 3:29.34 with Auburn in second, Florida and NC were third and fourth and both qualified for the final on time.

The final is going to be fast with defending champions Oregon and runner-ups Texas A&M both in the race.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Howard DaCosta. I've participated in the sport of track and field for the past 9 years, and love most sports. I know statistics on a variety of athletes, teams and sports. Analytical and logical, ask me questions on past or current events and I can have or find the answer.

Blog Archive

Followers

Powered by Blogger.