Men's 800 final

Friday, June 10, 2011

This race was even more exciting than expected with the top 4 running 1:45.31 or faster. 
Robby Andrews of Virginia started off and moved straight to the back. Charles Jock of UC Irvine took the race out in 49.86 through the 400 meters. At 600 Andrews was still in last but he started to move up around the turn and over the last 100 meters he had the best kick to win in a spectacular time of 1:44.71 with Jock in second in 1:44.75. In third was Oregon Sophomore Elijah Greer in 1:45.06 and Casimir Loxsom of Penn State the World Junior Championship Silver medalist finished in fourth in 1:45.31. Cory Primm of UCLA the NCAA leader faded down the last 100 and finished sixth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Howard DaCosta. I've participated in the sport of track and field for the past 9 years, and love most sports. I know statistics on a variety of athletes, teams and sports. Analytical and logical, ask me questions on past or current events and I can have or find the answer.

Blog Archive

Followers

Powered by Blogger.